Glasgow International Airport is 50 minutes away.
Access to Dumfries House is from the A70 Ayr-Cumnock or Cumnock-Ayr direction. There are two entrances – one clearly marked ‘cars only’ and the other ‘coaches only’
Dumfries House postcode: KA18 2NJ
Approximate journey times from:
- Glasgow: 50 minutes
- Edinburgh: 2 hours
- Dumfries: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Stranraer: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Carlise: 1 hour 30 minutes
No Car? Prefer not to Drive?
Glaisnock Taxis are offering special Festival rates to Dumfries House – sample fares £8 from Auchinleck, £5 from Cumnock. Why not make a party of it and book an eight seater or sixteen seater minibus, for an extra £1.25 per person for four people up. Reservations on: 01290 423 669.
The nearest train station is Auchinleck which connects to many lines in the region. The train from Glasgow Central calls at Barrhead, Dunlop, Stewarton, Kilmaurs, Kilmarnock, and Auchineck. From Carlisle the train calls at Gretna Green, Annan, Dumfries, Sanquhar, Kirkconnel, New Cumnock and Auchinleck. Book a taxi in advance to pick you up from Auchinleck Station.
See the instructions for By Car or By Train. By Train the best entrance to Dumfries House is from the B7036.
NEW for 2017: Transport from Ayr, Auchinleck and Cumnock
Subject to sufficient demand there will be a coach or minibus running to and from the festival on Saturday 13 May and Sunday 14 May.
- Out: Ayr Bus Station 10.50am, Dumfries House 11.20am
- Out: Auchinleck Barony Road 11.35am, Cumnock Bus Stance 11.45am, Dumfries House 11.55am.
- Return: Dumfries House 6.30pm, Cumnock Bus Stance 6.40pm, Auchinleck Barony Road 6.50pm
- Return: Dumfries House 7.00pm, Ayr Bus Station 7.30pm
Please phone or text on 07596 841 272 to reserve your seat before Wed 12 April. Cost : £7.50 Ayr Return, £5 Cumnock or Auchinleck Return. Payment on booking please.